Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Night

This year Janae wanted to dress up as Princess Fiona from the movie "Shrek". It is currently one of her favorite movies, and try as I might, I could not persuade her to choose another costume. So...we made her a Princess Fiona dress. Here she is as the pre-ogre Fiona (I was not going to paint her green!).

We went to our ward's Trunk-or-Treat last night. Janae decided to fill her bag up with the candy I brought to pass out.
She and I tried to trick-or-treat to the other families there, but she just did not get it. She liked saying "trick-or-treat!", but started getting frustrated that she was getting more than one of each kind of candy, ie. two or more tootsie rolls. Then she was worried that if she got more candy that she wouldn't be able to eat the pink tootsie pop that she picked out of our bowl of candy. So we returned to our van where she proceeded to empty her entire bag back into our bowl. After passing out candy to other kids as they came by our van, I think she started to get it, and decided that she wanted to trick-or-treat after all.
Here she is checking out her loot!
She was most excited by the number of suckers she got.
For those of you wondering, Kiera did not dress up this year! She is just too cute to cover up with a costume!

2 thoughts from friends:

Kim said...

She is so cute! I loved the costume. I am not the biggest Shrek fan, but she made a really cute Fiona. :o)

Lindsay Marchant said...

She looks so much like you in these pictures! So cute!