Thursday, April 10, 2008

Maggie??

Today we adopted a beautiful golden retriever from the humane society in Salem. She is a great dog - really smart and well-behaved. Most importantly, she is really good with the girls. Janae has spent the afternoon herding the dog around and every time the dog walks by Kiera, she goes crazy with excitement! (Kiera goes crazy, not the dog) We have tentatively decided on Maggie for her name, but Jeff has some not-so-great associations with that name, so he has some reservations in naming our dog that. I think he might just have to get over it! =)
This is Kiera's "kissy face," and yes, just after I took this picture, she gave the dog a big kiss on the nose!


3 thoughts from friends:

Matt and Christy said...

When you asked for name suggestions, I was going to send you that name! She is very cute. Your girls are going to love her!

Sarah Peterson said...

oh my goodness- you can tell how good she is with the girls in the pictures! What a great dog! It's nice that she's full grown so theres not potty training and a crazy puppy stepping on and biting the girls!

Karen K. said...

What a beautiful dog. I'm so glad you rescued a humane society dog. It just breaks my heart that there are so many animals without homes. And, I like the name--tell Jeff that naming the dog that name will give him a positive association now!

Your girls are sooooooo cute. Great pictures of them and your newest addition (Maggie!).