Thursday, April 2, 2009

A small success

I have been attempting to learn more about the art of couponing. There is soooooo much information out on the web - it can be a little daunting. I have read dozens of stories about women paying only $30 for $150 worth of groceries! I can only hope to be that good one day.....
Anyway - today I had my first small (very small) success.

This cleanser was regularly $2.97 and I paid $.99 after using my multiple coupons. I know it's not really THAT impressive, but hey - baby steps right?

2 thoughts from friends:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Nice! I've got a good one for you... I just spent $18 at Albertsons, but my total savings was $23! I saved $5 more than I spent. Of course you can't beat brand-name cereal that is 5 for $3.35! And grapes were 99cents/lb. I think that's the best I've ever done and I didn't even have to use coupons. :) I wanna hear if you get anymore sweet deals!

Chad and Jessica said...

That is a HUGE SUCCESS. Way to go!

I wanted to let Jeff know about Johnathan Siegle's retirement bash. All SHS theater alumni, friends, and family are invited to the May 1st showing of "Darn Yankees," the last musical Siegl will direct at SHS. I know Jeff was involved in theater at Springfield, and it would be great to see him, and you guys, there. The show is free, and starts at 7:30 pm at the Springfield High auditorium. Please let him know for me.
Thanks, Jessica