Not much has changed as far as Janae's hives/virus. We saw another doctor on Thursday who thinks that the hives are more likely being caused by the viral infection she has, not the antibiotics. Anyway, whatever is causing them, they are still here. And bad. She's been having a hard time sleeping because the bottoms of her feet itch so badly. She is now on 2 seperate types of prescription antihistamines, I am slathering her in calamine lotion, and she's been taking oatmeal baths. It helps somewhat, but she's still pretty itchy. Yesterday, the hives looked like they might be fading, but tonight at bedtime they looked just as awful as ever. And she still has a low-grade fever. If this keeps up, we'll most likely be back to the doctor on Monday.
On a lighter note.....
I have been trying to find a new totebag to use on Sundays. I am tired of taking 2 -3 bags to church every week (1 for the kids, 1 for primary, etc.). I have looked everywhere, but have had no luck finding a bag big enough. So I just decided to make my own.
I think it's big enough.









4 thoughts from friends:
Have you tried not having her on anything and letting her body do what it is supposed to and heal itself? The fever is a good thing. The more you fight it the more it will persist. Its just like when you boil brand new bottle nipples for the first time, it is killing all the bacteria on them. When the body heats up from a fever, it is the body's way of killing any bacteria/viruses that is going on inside. When we give our kids meds like tylenol or motrin to being it down we are fighting against the body's natural response.
Her body is so small and all the prescriptions in her body aren't doing her any good. Her body knows what to do to get rid of the virus.
Okay, cute bag! HUGE bag! I love it!!!! I need to make one~
The bag looks really good! I was going to tell you that at your house when I saw it, but.....oh well! I really liked it and I think you did a really good job!!
The bag looks really good! I was going to tell you that at your house when I saw it, but.....oh well! I really liked it and I think you did a really good job!!
Post a Comment