For Easter we went to Jeff's parent's house in Salem. Janae's Great-Grandma Dessa was there, knitting. J was facinated, and soon she was sitting on Grandma Dessa's lap learning the basics. She LOVES it. Last weekend, Grammy and Grandpa (Jeff's parents) came to visit us, and Grammy brought Janae her own knitting supplies - a how-to-knit book for kids, needles and PINK (what other color is there, really) yarn. According to Janae, she is knitting baby Hannah (Kim's baby - who will arrive any day now!) a hat. I'm trying to convince her that a baby size washcloth is a better project to start with! 
The book teaches a little rhyme to help the kids remember how the stiches go:
Bunny in
Around the top
Bunny out
Off he hops!
Grammy: I am so glad you brought the book - in order to help Beans, I've had to brush up on my very basic knitting skills, and the book has been a big help!!
Isn't she just so pretty?
Bunny in
Around the top
Bunny out
Off he hops!
Grammy: I am so glad you brought the book - in order to help Beans, I've had to brush up on my very basic knitting skills, and the book has been a big help!!









4 thoughts from friends:
How cute is that!!!! She'll be a pro before you know it! Way to go Janae!!!!
WOW!! I have ZERO knitting skills and here she is already wanting to do a baby hat?!?! Impressive!
That is amazing! I don't even know how to knit!! Hannah will love any type of yarn creation Janae can make!!
cute!....she looks so grown up!
Post a Comment