Warning: Long post (sorry, I was excited!)
Jaime KennedyOkay, so not really, but here's my exciting story from yesterday:
I'm hanging around the house and decide to turn on the radio. There is one station in particular that I like, and they have a very funny afternoon program. Anyway, I'm listening to them play this game that they call "Ted is thinking of a movie." They play this almost everyday - so I was familiar with the rules: you call in, ask a yes or no question about the mystery movie, then make a guess as to the title. If you're right, you win the prize. Usually the mystery movie has something to do (in a round-a-bout way) with the prize.
.
..
Yesterday, NO ONE was even getting close, and I could tell that the radio hosts were getting tired of "playing" this game. (it usually only takes 10 min or so, but yesterday it was pushing 20min with no luck) One of the clues they were giving was that it had something to do with the name "Kennedy" (the prize was tickets to a play about the Kennedy family). So I went to the computer, Googled "1990's movies, Kennedy" and Jamie Kennedy's name came up. I soon had a list of about 10 movies he had been in during the 90's. (I knew the mystery movie was from the 90's because another caller had figured that part out.)
.
.
I picked up the phone, dialed, and low-and-behold, IT RANG!!! It never rings! So I let it ring for 2-3 minutes; I was afraid to hang up. Then I hear, "Hi! Who's this?" WHOOO HOOO, I was on the air. I asked my y/n question - "Was Jamie Kennedy in the movie?" The radio hosts were very excited to answer yes - someone had finally figured out their "Kennedy" clue. So then I had to guess the movie. I was looking at my google-list, running through what I already knew about the mystery movie - thanks to previous callers. **Made in the 90's. **Lead actor is female. **Something to do with teenagers. **Kind of a comedy, but kind of another genre. I had NO idea, so I just made an educated guess. "Is it Scream," I asked. YEAH!!!! I WON!!! I was excited to win, the hosts were excited to be done with the game.....we were all excited. =)
Then as I'm giving them my address/name/phone, I get a text msg - it's my aunt asking if that was me she'd just heard on the radio! Yeah! Someone actually heard me win - that makes it even better!
.
.
So I won 2 tickets to see Grey Gardens put on by Portland Center Stage. I hadn't even heard of it, so I had to look it up......

Now Jeff and I have a free date night to enjoy! Yipee!









1 thoughts from friends:
Totally love that afternoon show with Ted, Daria and Mitch!! Can't wait till Daria gets back from having baby Zander!! By the way so exciting that you won!! I am always caller 8 or caller 10...never #9!
Remember if you need ANYTHING this week call! We will be praying everything goes smoothly. Hugs to you!!
Post a Comment