Monday, June 29, 2009

Surprisingly Yummy!

A couple of years ago, Andrea and I took a cake decorating class from a lady in her ward. I loved it - it is so much fun! Since then I have made several cakes for family members. I had never tried fondant though because I'd always heard how gross it tastes. I love the way it looks - so smooth and perfect - but who wants to have grossness covering their cake?
.
I heard about Marshmallow Fondant, so I thought I'd give it a try. Last week Andrea came up and we made our first fondant-covered cakes


It was so fun! Fondant is so easy to make and to work with...and most importantly the Marshmallow fondant was actually pretty yummy! Janae had fun helping - she cut out the flowers and pink circles, and helped roll some of the balls for the bottom edging.
..
We will definitely be doing fondant-covered cakes again...soon!
.
.
Below are pictures of a few of thecakes that I would love to be able to make...all done with fondant

3 thoughts from friends:

Blevins family of three said...

next time you want to make one I want to come!!

Marianne Barker said...

So I've always thought the same thing about fondant. It looks pretty, but tastes gross. How do you make marshmallow fondant?

Lawther family said...

It sounds so yummy and looks great. I wish I had known about marshmallow fondant. Our wedding cake was fondant and it was awful. I felt bad for everyone who ate it. :p