Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Thursday was Jeff's 33rd birthday. A few weeks ago, Janae realized that her Daddy's birthday was coming up, and she became determined to celebrate it "the right way. With friends, not just us." So we let her plan a party for her daddy. She decided to have the party at Kids Club, a local play/swim/dance/gym facility for kids. They have an awesome play structure and party rooms for pizza and cake. Janae decided which of Daddy's friends to invite, and she (with some help from Mommy) even made invitations to hand out. She chose the partyware - Star Wars plates and cups and helped decide how to decorate the cake. I think we've found her calling: party planner!
.
.
We had a blast! It was fun to hang out with our friends and have some fun together. The staff at Kids Club kept getting confused because they were looking for a birthday "boy" not an adult - it was pretty funny.
.
.
Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure - and there are a few more here on our friends blog.
.
.
Thanks everyone for coming - it was great!!! And thanks, Beans, for planning such a fun party for Daddy! After going down this slide a few times with Jeff - Kiera decided to go for it on her own. She LOVED this slide and didn't really want to do anything else!Working her way up to the top!
Eating lunch in the party room
Look at all those cute kids!

Happy Birthday Daddy!!

3 thoughts from friends:

The Hymas Clan said...

That was SO fun!!! Thank you so much for inviting us!!!! I wish Sariah would have wanted to play!!! She was scared of everything!!!! I need to get your email address so I can send you some pic's from that day!!!!!

Karen K. said...

For pete's sake. That just brought tears to my eyes. How sweet, sweet, SWEET of her! And I love her choices of location and plates, etc. Most of all I like how you let her do it and how grown up and important that must have made her feel. Hmmm. Can I have her plan Tim's next birthday?

Hairy Sherpa (Don't Ask!) said...

taht was some serious fun. Thanks again. We should try and have a fun hang out night sometime before Jeff's surgery.
-Thayne