Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Awesome toy deal

I just got home from Freddy's and scored this deal on Mr. Potato Head toys for Christmas:
  • All Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head toys are Buy 1 Get 1 Free (excluding clearance)
  • Get 2 Potato Head's at $6.99 each (total of $13.98)
  • Use the 10% off Home coupon from Freddy's weekly ad - you don't actually have to have a hard copy. You should be able to just mention it to the cashier and they will take it off for you. (Now you're down to $12.58)
  • Use 2 $2.00/1 Hasboro Mr. or Mrs. Potato Head Toy coupons (click on the link, then scroll through coupons till you find it - print it out twice) (Now you're at $8.58)
  • When the cashier hits subtotal, that's when the Buy 1 Get 1 Free (B1G1) comes off (Takes you to $2.29)
  • FINAL OOP: $2.29 for 2 Mr/Mrs Potato Head toys AWESOME! More than 80%off regular price.

(If you do this same deal with the $10.99 Potato Head's it comes out to $5.89 for 2. which is 75% off regular price.)

But the REALLY great deal came on these "Spud Buds."

  • Get 2 at $10.99 each ($21.98)
  • Take off the 10% Home coupon ($19.78)
  • Use 2 $5.00/1 Mr. Potato Head Spud Buds Toys - remember to print twice ($9.78)
  • Cashier hits subtotal and it takes off the B1G1 toy
  • Final OOP: -$.11
  • You MADE money!! (If you're just doing this deal, you'll need a filler item, ie. pack of gum, to cover the $.11 - they're not going to pay you...)

If you put these two deals together you walk out of Freddy's with 4 Mr. Potato Head toys for $2.18 + tax. ($5.78 + tax if you do the $10.99 MPHeads)

Can't beat that for Christmas presents.

I think this deal just runs through Sunday (Nov 15th)

11 thoughts from friends:

Daniel and Tiffany Ward said...

Thanks!! I think I will drag my husband along and do this twice, then donate the extras to a christmas toy drive! I love hot deals.

Kirsten & Midge said...

Ok clarify for me what is B1G1?

Swanson Family said...

Kirsten: B1G1 = Buy 1 Get 1 Free

The Hymas Clan said...

Wow Heather that is awesome!!!! I LOVE it when you share things like this! Please keep them coming!!!!

Kara said...

Ohhhh, you're good!! Thanks for sharing

Lindsay Marchant said...

You are AMAZING!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

SO going to do this! The 10% home coupon expired Wednesday, though.

Also, for some reason I'm not following the last step... How you got from $8.58 for both (pre B1G1) to $2.29 for both - do they take off the orignal price? Anyway, my tired brain follows it up to that step! :)

And what's OOP?

Swanson Family said...

Jennifer: They took off the discounted price ($6.29) of one of the toys.

OOP: out of pocket

Sarah Peterson said...

that is awesome. I wish we had a Fred Meyers around here!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Heather -
Completely unrelated to your blog post (which, by the way, they were out of Mr. Potato Heads by the time I got there) but I was hoping to get your email... Sean has accepted a job in Vancouver and we plan on moving up there after the first of the year! If you could keep an eye out for duplexes or townhouses to rent I would really appreciate it! How's the church up there? Any info in general would also be great!
Hope to hear from you soon!

Jennifer
jjtoughdoll@aol.com

Mo said...

Ok. Will you please find a killer deal like that on Disney Princesses and post it? :)