Janae's family birthday party was on Saturday evening. All of our family came up, which really made J feel special. We also celebrated Uncle Chris B's birthday, too.....Happy Birthday Chris!
.
Here is Janae opening her present from Grammy and Grandpa Swanson: a Jonas Brother's t-shirt.

So excited!




Jeff and I got her a new back pack full of school supplies. (I know - we
cheaped out. We'd have gotten the supplies anyway, but decided to just make it her b-day present also 'cause we knew she'd get lots of toys from family and friends. She was cool with it this year, but I know she'll catch on in the future and school supplies will not be an okay birthday present)


Baby Hannah (3 months)
Fast asleep during the presents. Isn't that pose just too cute?!

The cake.
.
I was much happier with the way this one turned out.



We are so blessed to have
Janae as part of our
family. She can be the drama queen at times, but she is so fun and such a good big sister. I like to say that she will be a hostage negotiator when she grows up; she has a compromise for everyone in every situation. She will start Kindergarten in 8 days - I can't believe how grown up she is getting.
.
We love you Beans!
4 thoughts from friends:
I love both of the cakes you made. You are amazing!!! Now I think I will just have to make a cake to see if I can do it myself. Is there someplace that you have found to give you instructions and ideas?
The picture of Hannah is so cute.
Your cake is awesome! The other one is amazing too!! I never noticed how much Janae looks like your mom! Crazy. It looks like she had a great birthday!
Those cakes (yes, both of them) are fantastic! I SO want to learn how to do that now! Especially because Christine wants me or my mom to make the cake for a bridal shower she is hosting. Yikes! Cake baking I can do. Fancy decorating... er, not so much!
And I love the "Fancy Nancy" birthday theme - what fun!
I love those cakes! I have been wanting to learn, but don't have time right now. Seeing yours makes me want to start!
Post a Comment