Side note: I stole a bunch of these pictures from Megan's facebook page......I give her all the credit.
Yesterday we celebrated the 60th anniversary of Jeff's grandparents, Don and Dessa Scheelar.
60 Years agoSt. Mark's in Salem
Today
They have 5 children, 14 grandchildren and several great-grand kids (I tried to count, but wasn't totally sure....not a good sign. I obviously need to work on learning the family tree better.)
The whole gang. We were only missing a few members of the family. It was fun to have everyone together in the summer. We usually only get EVERYONE together for Christmas.
K and Gracie
Kiera
Jeff and K
Today
They have 5 children, 14 grandchildren and several great-grand kids (I tried to count, but wasn't totally sure....not a good sign. I obviously need to work on learning the family tree better.)The whole gang. We were only missing a few members of the family. It was fun to have everyone together in the summer. We usually only get EVERYONE together for Christmas.
K and Gracie
Kiera

Jeff and K

Janae in her Jonas Brothers shirt
J and K with cousins Brittney and Kendra. B & K are 3 years apart and they have similar personalities to our girls. Janae is sitting on Brittney's lap and Kiera is sitting with Kendra. If our girls turn out to be like their big cousins, we will be proud.
J and K with cousins Brittney and Kendra. B & K are 3 years apart and they have similar personalities to our girls. Janae is sitting on Brittney's lap and Kiera is sitting with Kendra. If our girls turn out to be like their big cousins, we will be proud.
Grandma Dessa with the cake

Grandma and Grandpa together with the cake
The cake
The cakeThis was my first attempt at a tiered cake. The bottom tier was chocolate chunk and the top was white cake. Both tiers had raspberry mousse filling. I almost had a disaster the night before; the front edge of the top tier started to sink when I covered it with fondant. Luckily the black piping decorations and the strategically placed flowers helped to disguise any major problems. I had a ton of fun doing this cake, and learned a lot for next time.
Happy Anniversary Don and Dessa! We love you and are so gratful for the example you set for our family.









1 thoughts from friends:
That really made me miss my Grammy!!!! I'm so glad your family was able to get together for such as awesome celebration! And I think the cake looks great!!!!
Post a Comment