Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Janae!

Saturday was Janae's 5th birthday. We celebrated on Friday with a "friends" party. The theme was:We had a mix of boys and girls, so we had to do fancy activities that would appeal to all of the kids. Here are the girls decorating their purses. (Sorry about the pict quality - we didn't realize it was on a funky setting until halfway through the party!)

And the boys decorating their top hats



After decorating our accessories we fancified everyone. The girls got eye shadow, lip gloss, a fingernail gem, and feather boas. The boys spiked their hair with gel, put on cologne and got bow ties to wear. Here is the fancy crowd all decked out

I love to watch kids opening presents at a birthday party. They all practically sit on top of each other trying to see.



Janae and her friend Ashlyn.
The cake. So I had this really cute idea in my head to make individual cakes with daisies on them for each kid. For various reasons, it didn't happen. This cake was my attempt to use up all the daisies I had spent 2 hours making. Not my favorite, but Janae loved it and that's what matters, right?
Make a wish.....
and blow!
(If you look close you can see the purple eyeshadow on the girls)
.
Thanks to all the friends who came, and thanks to all the mom's who helped out. We had a great time!

2 thoughts from friends:

Desiree said...

It still looks like an amazing cake! Great job, and cute theme! I love the top hat idea for the boys. Happy Birthday Janae!

The Hymas Clan said...

I think the cake looked cute!!! Eli had such a good time! He keeps asking when we can come over again!!! I'm glad Janae enjoyed her b-day, and am SOOOO happy thet they will be in the same kindergarten class!!!!