The other day I looked out the back door and saw this big pile of dirt on the edge of the patio. It took me a second to realize that there is no dirt ANYWHERE near this section of patio, and I knew the girls hadn't been moving dirt around the yard. I went out to investigate, and to my horror, I realized that the "dirt" was moving!!!!! It was a MASSIVE pile of tiny sugar ants.
.JPG)
I should have put something next to the pile to give you an idea of the size, but it was at least 9 inches by 4 inches. Gross.
.
I Windex-ed them to death.
.
I Windex-ed them to death.









8 thoughts from friends:
lbahahahaha I wish I could of seen you out there windexing them to death!
That's funny. I didn't think of Windex when I was at Sarah's. Olivia and I saw a swarm like that in their garden. We went outside the next day and they were gone. Guess they went back underground. Yeah, it's pretty creepy.
I have never heard of Windexing! That is funny. Good job getting rid of those pests. I hate ants.
Good for you and your handy bottle of Windex! The adventures of being a mom, huh?
You windexed them? That is AWESOME!!!!
EWWWWWWWW is an understatement!!!!
You must be like the father on My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Do you use windex for everything? Just joking!
Ewww... that is totally gross! At least those little sugar ants are easier to kill (with sprays) than the big ones. But yuck!! Were they even "feasting" on anything or just out-n-about?!
The first summer at our place I found sugar ants in the house (gross!) swarming around an electrical outlet. Luckily it only took one or two rounds of RAID to get rid of them (this was pre-Ethan) and haven't seen them since. Phew.
Post a Comment