Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Latest projects

These are the two latest crafty projects I've worked on.
.
The first is a birthday calendar (I copied the idea from my sisters) made out of a wooden board, some trim and wooden circles. The lettering on the board is out of vinyl and I used a white paint pen to put the names/dates on the circles. This is a clock that was actually a project left over from LAST year's Super Saturday.....hey, better late than never, right? Jeff is just glad it's out of the garage =)
This is my first attempt at doing a crackle finish....well, it took me three tries to get it right. The numbers are vinyl letters. I have "Swanson Family est 2002" in vinyl too, but I didn't like the way it looked - the letters are too big. I think I'll have to borrow Andrea's cricut again and re-do the lettering...okay Ange?
Janae really wanted to be in the picture, and I thought this gave some idea of the clock's size.

4 thoughts from friends:

The Hymas Clan said...

I love that first idea!!!! You should mention that to th r.s. people for a super saturday project.......

Karen K. said...

I love them both. Good thing you put Janae next to the clock--it really is a LOT bigger than I thought it was. Looks good!

Dani said...

How creative! Your projects turned out great! There is such a sense of satisfaction when you create your own decorations, at least that is how I feel! Although, shopping for the already-made-kind is definitely fun, too!

Mo said...

I love the birthday calendar! It looks really good. I am so excited that I read your blog today. I am going to steal the idea and give the calendar to my Mom for Christmas. Thanks for the great idea! I owe you one. :)